Harmony is the band’s fundraising program which engages local businesses to support The Bands of Wando. It offers every student the opportunity to reduce his/her “Fair Share” of band expenses by securing business sponsorships. By becoming a Wando Band sponsor, a business gains a unique opportunity for local recognition and direct marketing access to a network of over 2,500 band friends, family members, alumni and the thousands of fans who attend Wando home games for football, and many other band and athletic events.
We have TWO different sponsorship options:
- Harmony Business Sponsorship Program (i.e., digital stadium signs and additional benefits)
- LowCountry Marching Invitational (LCI) Event Ad Sponsorship Program
Each sponsorship opportunity has various contribution levels and benefits. The higher the contribution level, the greater the community exposure and advertising — and the more you can reduce Fair Share. In addition, each contribution is tax deductible.
Sponsorship contributions are made with the understanding that WHSBB has complete control and administration over the use of the donated funds.
Program Overview Video (click HERE)
Step 1 (For video directions, click HERE)
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED (Review all the documents before you contact a sponsor):
- 2020 Harmony Program Guide
- 2020 Harmony and Other Fundraising Opportunities
- 2020 Harmony Program Overview
- 2020 Harmony Rules and Policies for Students & Parents
- 2020 Sponsorship Pricing and Fair Share Amounts
- 2020 How to Sell and Report a Sponsorship
- 2020 Harmony Sales Tips
- 2020 Harmony FAQs
Step 2 (For video directions, click HERE)
SALES MATERIAL LIBRARY (Use this information to help you sell a sponsorship):
- 2020 Harmony Sponsorship Information & Form
- 2020 LCI Program Advertisement Information & Form
- 2020 Harmony Sponsorship Handout (Bi-Fold)
- 2020 Harmony Presentation to Sponsors
- 501(c)(3) Tax Status Letter and Tax ID Number
Step 3 (For video directions, click HERE)
SPONSOR SIGN-UP & TRACKING INFORMATION – Tracks all contacted sponsors and their payment status.
You must check the Online Sponsor Tracking Database List before contacting a business to see if the business has been contacted OR if the business is marked as “Hands-Off”
- Online Sponsor Tracking Database List – This online list contains information pertaining to the contacted businesses (For example: Business Name, New or Renewing Sponsor, Ownership (Student or Band Owned), “Hands-Off” status, and Payment Status). CHECK this list before you contact a business.
- Hands-Off List 2020-21 – These are current sponsors that either belong to a student or are band-owned. DO NOT contact any of these existing sponsors unless you are the hosting family.
Step 4 (For video directions, click HERE)
COMPLETE THE PROCESS
Once a business is contacted, enter a contact record in the Online Sponsor Tracking Database List (for New AND Renewing Sponsors)
- Contacted Sponsor e-Form (online form) – Fill out this online form as soon as you make contact and present the sponsorship program to a new or renewing business. You MUST input all of the business and person contacted information correctly to secure sponsor ownership. Please allow up to 5 minutes for the Online Sponsor Tracking Database List to update with your new entry. Credit will not be applied to a student until this form is completed. Refer to the program rules and FAQs for complete details.
- Harmony Sponsorship Form – Complete this form when you secure the sponsorship. Drop the payment and form off into the band room safe or mail it to the booster P.O. box (address is on the form.)
Have a question? Send it via email to email@example.com .