Harmony is the band’s fundraising program which engages local businesses to support The Bands of Wando. It offers every student the opportunity to reduce his/her “Fair Share” of band expenses by securing business sponsorships. By becoming a Wando Band sponsor, a business gains a unique opportunity for local recognition and direct marketing access to a network of over 2,500 band friends, family members, alumni and the thousands of fans who attend Wando home games for football, and many other band and athletic events.
A Harmony Business sponsorship has various contribution levels and benefits. The higher the contribution level, the greater the community exposure and advertising — and the more you can reduce Fair Share. In addition, each contribution is tax deductible.
Sponsorship contributions are made with the understanding that Wando High School Band Boosters (WHSBB) has complete control and administration over the use of the donated funds.
Watch these videos for detailed instructions…
Step 1: How To Get Started With Harmony
- 2021 Harmony Business Sponsorship Program: this document has it all, including:
- How the Harmony Business Sponsorship works (for a business, the Bands of Wando, and the student)
- A step-by-step checklist on how to get a sponsorship.
- 2021 Harmony Program Guide: This presentation is given during parent orientation nights.
Step 2: Sales Materials
Use this information to help you sell a sponsorship
- 2021 Harmony Business Sponsorship Information: a two page document that you can leave with a potential sponsor.
2021 Harmony Presentation to Sponsors: if you’re doing a full sales presentation, you’re welcome to use this.
- 501(c)(3) Tax Status Letter and Tax ID Number
Step 3: Preparing To Visit a Potential Sponsor
You must check the Online Sponsor Tracking Database before contacting a business to see if the business has been contacted OR if the business is marked as “Hands-Off”
- Online Sponsor Tracking Database – This online list contains information pertaining to the contacted businesses (For example: Business Name, New or Renewing Sponsor, Ownership (Student or Band Owned), “Hands-Off” status, and Payment Status). CHECK this list before you contact a business.
- 2021 Hands Off List – These are current sponsors that either belong to a student or are band-owned. DO NOT contact any of these existing sponsors unless you are the hosting family.
Step 4: After Visiting the Sponsor
COMPLETE THE PROCESS
Once a business is contacted, enter a contact record in the Online Sponsor Tracking Database List (for New AND Renewing Sponsors)
- Contacted Sponsor e-Form (online form) – Fill out this online form as soon as you make contact and present the sponsorship program to a new or renewing business. This must be done no matter if the business is a YES, NO, or MAYBE. You MUST input all of the business and person contacted information correctly to secure sponsor ownership. Please allow up to 5 minutes for the Online Sponsor Tracking Database List to update with your new entry.
- 2021 Bands of Wando Harmony Business Sponsorship eForm – The business sponsor needs to complete this form. The QR code in the 2021 Harmony Business Sponsorship Information will also get the sponsor to this eForm. This form includes information regarding payment and they can also upload their logo.
Have a question? Send it via email to email@example.com .