2019 Summer Uniform Information:
Summer Uniform shorts (order by 8/5)
https://tinyurl.com/yy6qw6nr. Use this code to access the shop: ogpPStqkdA. Your order must be placed before the shop closes on August 5! ALL WILL NEED TO ORDER THE NEW BLACK SHORTS.
You will need white tennis shoes (at least 90% white) & white ankle length socks (purchase socks & white shoes on your own).
Show shirt will be provided by the band.
2019 Marching Full Uniform:
The uniform will be provided by the band. Undergarments (lycra shorts) & long black socks will need to be purchased on your own. Black gloves will also be for sale by the band leadership team.
Marching Shoes (called Velocity): Please send a check for $33 to Kathy Pickens on 8/5 to order shoes.
Colorguard Uniform Ordering Information:
This is the uniform for early-season performances. It consists of the following pieces:
- Show shirt (provided during band camp; extra shirts available for purchase)
- Black shorts (new in 2019 – see link above)
- White ankle socks (must be visible at least a couple of inches above the shoe)
- White tennis shoes (must be at least 90% white) – any brand/style (no neon colors)
This is the uniform for marching competitions and late-season football games. Students are responsible for purchasing their own shoes (special band shoes purchased during band camp) and gloves, but other pieces of the uniform are provided. This uniform is considerably more complicated than the summer uniform, so we have created the following guidelines:
- Each band member will have his or her own unique number. The uniform will be kept at school at all times. It is the student’s responsibility to see that everything is in the garment bag after each use. Band members will be charged for any lost parts at the end of the season.
- All Wando Band members should carry a bag for personal items and clothing. All personal items and clothing MUST be in the bag before exiting the changing bus or dressing room. No shoes, socks, gloves or personal clothing may be kept in the uniform bag.
- All members should shower prior to wearing the band uniform on the day of competition or performance.
- Hair: All male and female band members are responsible for their own hair and accessories. Students should firmly tie back or pin hair up before putting on uniform jackets so that hair does not extend beyond the shako in the front and on the sides. Students should bring their own hair ties, do-rags and bobby pins, if needed. Practice putting up hair at home or prior to the stated dressing time. There is not time to address hair issues once we begin dressing.
- Students should drink only water while in uniform. If permission is given to eat, do so while wearing only bibbers. If your uniform does become soiled, please inform uniform team so that it can be properly cleaned right away.
- All students will be measured for Marching Shoes (Velocity) during rehearsals before band camp begins. Students must pay for Drillmasters in full before they will be ordered. MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES FIT AND PUT YOUR NAME IN YOUR SHOES AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM! Each year band members “lose” shoes because they are not labeled. Just do it.
- Brush Velocity shoes at home to remove all loose debris. Wipe clean with warm soapy water and clean rag. Check them after they are dry for cleanliness. Student name should be clearly written inside of the shoe.
- Tie Velocity shoes correctly. There are two holes at the top of the shoe next to each other. Loop the lace on one side through both holes then put the opposite lace under the loop. Pull tightly, double knot if the lace is long and tuck the loose strings into the shoe. You MUST tie your shoes! Do NOT just tuck the laces.
- Band members will be reminded before each event whether they need to wear summer uniform or bring marching uniform accessories or both. IF THE BAND MEMBER DOES NOT HAVE SOCKS, GLOVES, BELT OR WHATEVER IS REQUIRED, ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE BY THE STUDENT TO HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO SCHOOL IMMEDIATELY SO THAT THERE WILL BE NO DELAYS IN OUR DEPARTURE.
Color Guard Uniform
Color Guard Performance Uniforms are handled separately through the color guard sponsors and volunteers, similar to the Band Marching uniforms. Other components of the uniform and additional Guard clothing can be ordered at this link: Uniform Ordering. members who are also in band need to be sure to have the concert dress fitted and ordered on the same schedule as other band members.
EVERYONE MUST HAVE A TUXEDO OR CONCERT DRESS for concert season. This is the only time available to do this, so we can have them ordered and delivered in enough time.
Please make check payable to Wando Band Boosters.
Someone from the uniform team will be in the band hallway during summer rehearsals, after school and before rehearsal to get sizes, order forms and payment from the students . Dates & times will be sent via email & posted on the Bands of Wando Parent Facebook page.
There is no order form for dresses – the Uniform Team will fit for concert dresses and make one order. Please send your check for a new concert dress made out to Wando Band Boosters in an envelope marked Concert Dress. NOTE: Moultrie Concert dress is the same as Wando concert dress.
Please make check payable to Wando Band Boosters.
Questions? Contact the uniform team at firstname.lastname@example.org.